Re: how to vary loops

  Mark and Matthias spoke on varying loops...

  I like to set the EDP to insert - replace, and quant - 8th -32 and create
a fairly basic loop, and then glitch out a groove and then take it further
and glitch into a new coherent loop in a few different ways to vary it.
  -by replacing more and more until it becomes something completely
different, adding overdubs along with replacing, and also switching
rapidly into new material using the replace function to completely replace
into a new loop all at once, rather than creating a new loop via next loop.
 I'm also getting into using insert - sus, and creating loops that way, and
also into recording many new very short studdery loops in quick succession
to move from a longer loop into another groove.
  I like to keep the movement and structure interesting and fun, so ya can
move to it!   <smile>  -Have a nice night All...

Smiles,

CQ

At 08:52 PM 2/9/03 -0200, you wrote:
>Marklar said:
>>I think varying a loop is pretty important.  Aside from a less than
>>100% feedback situation,
>
>yep, I love that :-)
>
>>I'm almost always applying some sort of effect to my loop via the
>>Repeater's effects loop.  Usually the path includes processors that
>>allow real time tweakage.  Being able to manipulate the loop while
>>playing into the loop uneffected is what makes the Repeater my main
>>looping device.
>
>but you can always put a processor after the EDP to get the same, no?
>I also want my airFX switchable before and after the EDP. Not as
>elegantely as the Repeater does it, but still, its just a switch!
>--
>

>          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.