Re: Max/Msp

jhno's radiaL is pretty cool.  No live input right now, and therefore
no overdub, but you do get a fairly high number of tracks in the loop
(depends on your processor speed), I think live input is scheduled for
release 2.
You can, however, sync it to MIDI sync, or to a click (if you've enough
channels in your audio interface to use an input for this purpose), and
you can adjust an offset in sync to account for latency.
It also supports midi controllers.

incidentally, I require live input and have been working on a max/msp
based looper with a motu 828 and a berringher FBC1010 (or whatever it
is exactly- the midi foot controller) with features in mind that I've
seen used and like in the EDP and Repeater.  with a fast enough
computer latency hasn't seemed to be an issue, and it's cool to have
all my processing on-board.  It is definitely hard to figure out how to
make things work when you can do whatever you want (practically- all
you have to do is build it, haha).  I've been working a little, playing
a little, working a little, etc..., things seem to be coming along
slowly, but nicely.

nate