looping as a profession

I made some money last year producing and playing on a few records and
teaching,
but I am happy to say that it was the first year of my life
that I could have survived entirely on looping or looping related things.

I made about $30,000 in just loop related gigs and selling my CDs at them
 which sucks as a salary in the hi tech programming world but seems like a
miracle
to me.

I have to thank this community for a lot of the contacts that I have made
professionally
and for the really wonderful 'lend a hand' and help out mentality of this
site.

Talking to another professional musician last night he said, "how the hell
did you book
a two and a half month tour of Europe and the British Isles for this coming
summer?"

I only had a two word answer.............."LOOPERS DELIGHT".

I feel very grateful to you all.

Thanks for embracing me the way you all have and for me being such a
relative latecomer
to this community.  Thanks especially to Kim Flint whose work has had a
huge
impact
on my life, and who seems to be the only other looper that I've met besides
myself and Mark Sottilaro who has wierdly colored hair...............LOL.

yours,  Rick Walker