Re: looping as a profession on the street

>Last year was probably my best year so far in making money from
>looping. I survived from February until the middle of december
>purely from money that I made from the project. It was not a
>constant stream of cash though, and I often went from
>richness/poverty within the same week :)
>
>Just from paypal donations alone,  I managed about $4,000
>CD sales in 2000 were an estimated 1000 ($12,000).... I did not keep
>an accurate record - just burn/sell/burn/sell... During Paris Plage,
>I was able to sell about 50 a day on the street... plus there was a
>fair amount of small coinage that came my way through my 'musical
>begging'.
>
>As it was a cash economy, and also in fear of the taxman, I did not
>keep any accurate records.
>
>It was a hard life, but I'm going to start it off again at the end of
>March :)
>--
>Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com

I will be playing at a street music festival in March here in Salvador.
Its organized by  bernard m. snyder: http://onemanband.org
Its especially interesting since we dont have street musicians here,
there are a lot of beggers and some do little performances of
juggling or capoeira, sometimes a blind singer and those who can
aford an instrument dont begg, music is happening on the road anyway.
So now a german street musician shows that culture in a open air
shopping center, with musicians from abroad...
This years program is made, but contact him for next year, maybe?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org