Re: looping as a profession

>  > >While I do obviously do a lot of looping, I wouldn't class my
>profession as
>  > >being a looper... a musician who uses looping, yes, but I'm no more a
>>  >looper than I am an amplified musician or a processed musician,
>>in that sense...
>>
>>  ok, looper is not a profession for you... so bassist (bass player?)
>>  is not either?
>>  I am asking, since we think that a loop tool is neither an effect or
>>  amplifier (as you compare it to here) nor an instrument.
>>  i dont call myself Loop-engineer yet either :-)
>
>No, I wouldn't say my profession is a bassist either, strictly. I get paid
>to play music. Most of the people listening couldn't care less what the
>instrument is, some don't know that it's a bass (6 strings=guitar, of
>course), and most don't get what looping is about. I guess this is heading
>into sticky territory, as to take the notion that what your profession is
>is
>what the people who are paying you think you are doing is probably not a
>great path to go down.
>
>Oh bollocks, it doesn't really matter either way - am I a pro looper? yes
>and no. Am I a pro bassist? yes and no. Am I an entertainer? yes and no.
>Am
>I a stand up comic? sadly, no. ;o) Do I get paid for doing what I love
>doing, regardless of labels? yes. is that what really matters? yes. Is
>this
>email a waste of electrons? most definitely.

you probably simply dont want to be called anything.
Rick sais there is a name for this "disease" :-)
I dont need a title for your style of profession, because I
understood what you do.
Since others call themselves professional loopers, the expression exists.
Since you are a professional writer (oh sorry, probably you dont
think you are :-) and you dont care about definitions of new words,
why should I.
Probably my sickness :-)
a waste of electrons? no, not for me, thank you!

Matthias
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org