EDP MIDI problem with volume CC

After I installed Loop IV I have this strange problem happening.  When I
move (or keep moving) the volume pedal (functioning as a MIDI CC sender for
volume control in EDP out of my Yamaha MFC 10) it sometimes trigers other
functions, such as overdub, multiply, mute, etc.  And sometimes the loop
gets erased alltogether.  This does not happen always, it is unpredictable.
But often I hear the volume "jumping/clicking" louder and I notice a third
digit 2 quickly appear and disappear on the display (as if 217), as the
volume changes between 0 and 127.

It does not have any influence when I change the MIDI channel for volume
control, and this has never happened in Loop III.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

petr