Re: MIDI controllers and Guitar synths

All,

At 10:32 AM -0800 2/15/03, Louie Angulo wrote:
>>And yet it seems that the Roland VG 88 didn't quite
>>caught on like the GR synths. I think Fripp and Belew
>>have put them away...
>>Does anyone here in the list use them?

I have been interested in the VG systems for a long time but
keep holding off from going for my wallet for one reason or
another. I was rather impressed with the VG-8 when it first
came out. And, as I was told that the VG-88 had some better
acoustic guitar models in it I tried it out as well a few times
(finding at least that claim to be somewhat true as far as
"nylon" strings models go). The built-in controller pedal was
a nice addition too.

But, I guess I keep hoping that they'll take the next logical step:
combine the VG and the synth technologies in the same box.
I have such an array of FX crap laid out on the floor in front
of me when I play that I cannot reach all of the pedals from
one singe place (standing or seated) without looking like I'm
attempting to do the splits (an impossibility at my age).

Plus, I have some fairly odd routing/splitting requirements that
the VGs won't quite accommodate (as far as I know) anyway.
Anywho, I realize now that this has about zilch to do with looping
and apologize for contributing to this OT thread.

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

ArsOcarina@aol.com
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian