Re: Signal routing without a mixer

>Matthias covered some of this recently in the ABY etc. discussion but he
>also seemed to suggest that at the very least one needs hard wired
>resistors
>to get appropriate signal mixing.

so that was not so clear?

>What are the consequences of splitting signals using Y cables?

usually none

>What are the consequences of mixing signals using Y cables?

half signal level (due to the ear characterstic, not very dramatic)

>How important are those resistors?

fundamental, unless the two outputs are the same. Even then you may
get distortion by overcharging the outputs. Just imagine that they
feed each other.

the caps that David mention seem useless if not a problem to me...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org