[OT] : Fostex VM04 digital mixer

On the subject of mixers, I picked up an ex-display Fostex VM-04
digital mixer today from Paul Beuscher in Bastille, and am mightily
happy with it. I believe that the model is discontinued now. Its a 4
track digital desk with 4 inputs (no sends/returns unfortunately), 20
scene memories, optical out and a built in 20-bit DSP with some
not-too-bad sounding reverbs/delays/chorus's. Its also very quiet,
compact and light.

The price? Because there was no mains adaptor or box, I haggled them
down to 120 Euros. Due to the nature of the non-standard DC input, I
had to hack around with an old universal adaptor, stuffing the inside
of one of the connectors with a thinly wrapped roll of aluminium
foil... and got it to work.

I've been looking for a cheap desk purely as an input mixer  to feed
the violin, microphone and L&R from the computer (running as a soft
synth) into the Repeater, and this is it. Considering what other mixers
I could have gotten for 120 Euros, I think I had a bargain - plus its
under full guarantee for

If you are looking for a simple mixer with built in DSP effects, then
try to track one of these down. I checked on Ebay, and there is just
one listed, currently at $122
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2509313508&category=23785

*smiling*
--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com