Re: Behringer MX802A -vs Mackie DFX6 6x2

--- Jeffrey Lomas <jeff.lomas@oasis-open.org> wrote:
> I would then give two signals (right/left) to the
> house which could just be panned hard.

Sounds good.

One caveat: things may have changed since I was
gigging a lot (like you, I'm talking about the Boston
area), but I found that stereo was the exception more
than the rule in house systems. A couple of reasons
for this: mono requires half the number of power amps
(a lot of clubs run the mains off one side and the
monitors off the other), and significantly, a lot of
sound guys/club owners are concerned that the mix be
essentially the same in any part of the room.
(Instruments panned hard aren't heard at all by many
of the patrons in odd-shaped rooms.

So, go ahead with your two-signal plan, but be
prepared in the event that the sound guy is running
mono.

-t-