Re: Digitech Time Machines

"Mark Hamburg" <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com> asked:

> Can someone tell me what the expected benefits of last minute bidding
>are?

I would put forth that last-minute bidding is primarily a means of
attempting to be the last bidder altogether.  Whether this is done just for
the acquisition of said item could be up for debate.  Some folks out there
might so desperately need to "conquer" or "win" that they might do this,
not
only with manic precision (or auctionsniper!) but with bids well over and
above the previous bid.  Perhaps these same folks think of this as a slam
dunk, though the rest of us might well think they've just thrown money away
(or just paid for the emotional/ego boost, I suppose).

Of course there's the money-laundering crowd, who are known to use eBay to
an extent...!