Re: Looper control pedals

--- Mark Hamburg <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com> wrote:

> What I'd like is a control pedal with a toe-switch so that I could press
> down to 100%, hit the toe-switch to go into hold, hit the toe-switch
>again
> to come out of hold, and then ease the feedback off.  So, the pedal would
> need to deliver both a control "signal" and a switch "signal". (Quotes
>since
> I know the pedal doesn't actually put out any signal.) Any suggestions?

I haven't seen anything exactly like that, except the Yamaha FC-7, which
just
limits part of it's upper range with a spring and then certain yamaha
processors
will use the upper range of the cc as a signal to perform the alternate
action
(like the DG Stomp turning the wah on and off when the FC7 is pressed toe
down).

What you might be able to do would be to get a wah pedal (with the toe
switch,
like a Crybaby or Vox) and rewire it inside so that the jacks would give
you the
output of a linear pot (for your expression pedal function) and a seperate
output
for the switch (for your delay hold function). That way you'd get both in
one
nice sturdy package.

Greg