Re: Spring loaded pedals

on 3/2/03 2:06 PM, Matthias Grob at matthias@grob.org wrote:

> oh, great, sounds like a perfect pedal for FB: step on it to make the
> FB >1 so the loop grows with every repetition...
> well, the EDP soft is not ready for this, but could be adapted...
> and it still might not be acurate enough to really hit FB=1 to get
> eternal repetition...

Short of that, in delay mode, it would work well for turning hold on and
off. Provide a way to set the fixed point as 100%. Pressing through it puts
things into hold. Pressing again, exits out. That's actually what I've been
trying to get a pedal to do.

The FC-7 will work this way with the wah effect on the DG-Stomp, but the
DG-Stomp doesn't have a way to transmit the wah switching as a MIDI
controller.

Another issues seems to be one of compatibility. The EDP likes the EV-5.
(Well, mostly. I have one EDP that at least with Loop3 oscillated wierdly
with respect to feedback using the EV-5. I haven't tried it with Loop4. I
should go do that...) It has a very strange response curve with the FC7.

My Korg DL8000R, on the other hand, prefers the FC7 to the EV-5. (I haven't
sprung for a Korg EXP2 for which the discount price seems to be $80.)

Mark

----

FS: Line 6 FM4 Filter Modeler pedal. Excellent condition. $170 + shipping.

FS: Electrix Repeater. Virtually new (used for only a few hours). $725.

 e-mail me off list if interested. Thanks.