Re: New Live Looping mp3's online

>Sounds great!

Thank you!

>  It amazes me sometimes that there are
>venues for avant garde music.  Around my neck of the
>woods I can only think of one or possibly two venues
>for truly artistic music (or "music" if you prefer).
>Otherwise you have to create your own.

I think it's that way everywhere, this was definitely a "roll your
own" gig, it was at a venue that normally doesn't have music, kind of
a test run. We were the 2nd of 3 acts, the first was a singer/pianist
who did Brecht/Weill tunes and her own similar material, and the last
act was a duo doing Massive Attack-like triphop songs. The show was
very well attended, and people stuck through our noise, it was
actually pretty well received. It feels kind of strange, after almost
20 years of playing weird music to empty rooms in this area, now I'm
starting to be treated as some kind of elder statesman :-)

But I do feel that there's a bigger audience for left-of-mainstream
music now than ever before. More and more people are realizing
there's music beyond the playlist of their local Clear Channel
affiliate, thanks to the Internet, to the few remaining alternative
radio stations that have survived deregulation of the broadcast
industry, and to whatever other outlets people are using to find the
music.

>Anyway, I haven't gotten to the huge files as I'm
>using a dial up at home, but I do plan to load the
>rest up.  What I'm hearing so far is wonderful.  I
>love the sparse vocal elements of the 2mb+ file,
>especially the "Thank You" at the end.  Did you
>perhaps close the set with that?

Nope, I think JD was just trying to thank people for hanging on :-)
That tune was our Sun Ra tribute moment...