Repeater utility (was RE: Repeater owners question)

ok, sounds like there's a decent amount of interest.  i can't say for sure
that i'm going to have enough time, but it would be cool to help people
out,
so i'll put it on the heap.

a few things to clarify:

a) this isn't going to be perl.  i'm writing c++ right now so it won't be
difficult to do a quick port, and it's much nicer that way... i prefer the
elegant/simple solution; download the exe, run it, it works.  for mac osx
this should be simple since i'm using no M$ function calls, so gcc under
osx
should compile it straight off.  let's hope.
b) both export (repeater->pcwav) and import (pc wav->repeater) are going to
be command line.  ie, you open up cmd or a shell, cd to the dir you want to
work in and type 'rptr-extract' and it recursively extracts all the files
from that dir.  is that ok with everyone?
c) the pc->repeater thing is really awkward but will work
d) i'll probably do a shareware thing that's between $10-$20 for both
utils.
e) the utils will probably do other stuff as well, like splitting stereo
files, for example.

also, i may need some help from time to time, to test things.  i suppose i
can hang on to my repeater while i'm doing this which will help, but i'm
sure it'll be cool to have people using the util.

i'm also happy to take any suggestions about other things this little guy
could do, if anyone has any ideas.

how does all that sound?  feel free to make comments/criticisms.

btw, if you're interested but haven't said anything yet, email me.  the
more
people that speak up, the more interesting it is to do.

paul