Re: OT(minutemen)

I'm sorry, "Husker du"?  I guess if one considers success to have their
video been aired on the Beavis and Butthead hour.  I always thought their
contract was the result of some exec's desperate moment, frankly.  You
can't
blame Reagan for Corporate Rock either... But then I still think of the
"Seattle thing" as a lucky end-result of a stab for talent outside LA for
once, and Nirvana as overrated at best, submerged by Cobain's smackhead
routines at worst.

If you're going to compare someone to Husker du you should be ready to have
things thrown at you like this. :)

> yes, for underground 20 yrs ago, they were the next big thing.
> a good book to read is: "our band could be your life"
> all about the underground movement in u.s. in the 80's under the reagan
yrs.
> there were a lot of bands that were "almost big" (minutemen, husker
> du, etc), but the premise of the book (my reading at least) is that
> major labels
> killed the underground feel for these bands, and most imploded, etc.
> the other premise is that nirvana's breaking in '91 killed the
> underground and the underground became mainstream.
> the thing i laughed about all through the 80's was hearing the term
> "post-punk".
> they were still using that til the end of the '80's and i thought,
> hmmm, wasn't punk about '77, how long can it still be "post-punk"?
> music categories, gotta make you laugh....
> s---
>

> >  >
> >>  On a completlely unrelated note, I've just bought Double Nickels On
The Dime