Re: repeater noise problems

Mark is right, The Repeater is a +4 line level device, and wants to see
that kind of signal. If you are running the repeater strait from your
guitar, then to the amp, you will need some kind of line level shifter to
switch from -20db(instrument level) to +4db( line level). Ebtech and ART
both make such devices. Otherwise use it in the effects return of a mixer
and activate the dry/mute function on the Repeater. Most of the comb filter
-type noise has to do with input signal being summed with loop signal at
the Repeater's outputs. It creates that weird phasey sounding noise, and
muting the signal at the input stage (the dry/mute function), will
eliminate this type of noise. If you were running directly into the
repeater, you can't realy use this function as you wont be able to hear
your playing until you have created a loop. If this sounds confusing let me
know and I'll try to explain it a different way. Also, if you let me know
how you are trying to use it and with what gear, I can get a little more
detailed about possible solutions. There is always a work around.
Bill

I think there were some units with defects, but I think a lot of peoples
issues
with the Repeater stem from the fact that it's strictly a line level
device and
doesn't do well with guitar/instrument level stuff.  Tricky to set up your
gain
stages if you're going into a guitar amp.

Mark