Re: electric sitars

> I have a Jerry Jones Master Sitar with the classic "gator" red
> crackle finish. I keep it tuned to an open D. I used it on the Alias
> Zone "Lucid Dreams" CD.

Cool. You mean an open D chord, or just drop the bottom string to D? I
usually just drop the bottom string to D so my scale patterns
still work.

> The buzz bridge is made of wood. Otherwise it is similar to the Coral
> as Chris describes it.

I've never seen a Coral in real life, but from photos I've seen it looks
to me like the bridge on the Jerry Jones is carved
differently than the Coral. The Coral seems to have one big curved area
for all the strings, where the Jerry Jones has a separate
curve carved for each string.

My Jerry jones was very neck-heavy, so I moved the strap button to the
back to make it balance better. I don't know if the
neck-heaviness was due to Jones using heavier wood than the original or
what.

Mark Smart

www.marksmart.net