SV: Non-linear sequencer (possible groovebox alternative)...

> Från: Jesse Ray Lucas

> I suggested implementing the
> ability to move between sections of a song by mapping keys on
> the keyboard, or MIDI notes to each section and having a flag
> for whether that section was to loop indefinitely, move on,
> jump in a quantized way, or an unquantized way, etc. etc.  He
> may implement that stuff, or may not.  It doesn't really fit
> in with his design purpose.
>
> I would be interested in learning about any other sequencer,
> hardware or software, out there that provides for such
> non-linear sequence manipulation.

Very interesting post about MIDI Maestro :-)  It came to my mind that
"non-linear sequence manipulation" is also easily done in Logic, a
software I happen to be quite at home with. The feature is called "Touch
Tracks" and will let you arrange midi patterns/parts/regions (or
recorded audio) into virtual "touch buttons". Each such "button" can be
assigned to a midi note and thus controlled ("fired off") from a midi
keyboard, midi guitar or whatever controlling device you prefer. You can
also set a quantize value for trigging the blocks. Let's say you are
using one bar as trigging quantize value, then the new sequence will
start playing back on the next bar after you pressed the assigned midi
note.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se