delay time part ii

My bad. Let me be clearer: I'm not trying to tap new times or to change
from, for example, 3000ms to 2775ms by way of a single, discrete change.
I'm trying to locate a delay system where smooth transitions from one
delay time to another are accomplished without the glitchy, herky-jerky
"artifacts" my current delay renders. I think it may be a current
technological impossibility, though: to scroll through a 225ms (or
whatever the situation calls for) change-in-delay-time without
necessitating a portamento glide effect or that re-calculating
gl-llli-itttt-cch--ch-hhh-n-lock. I was hoping that someone may know of a
higher-end delay unit that could accomplish smooth transitions. Maybe I
need an analog tape-type delay with very accurate time codes. Tape loops,
me'be? Do these exist? or are digital racks the only precise delay units
at the moment. Thanks again!