Re: Yamaha A5000 sample dump to/from EDP...

thank you for this report, Jesse!

>2. The A5000 sample number system is off by one, compared to the EDP.

seems to be a bug in the EDP, Dennis mentioned it

>3. Sample upload to the EDP seemed faster when it was initiated as a send
>from the A5000.

does not make sense to me, but I may be wrong...

>4. The loop I uploaded from the sampler (it happened to be a drum
>loop) was causing the EDP to distort and the feedback light to glow
>yellow almost all the time.  This was fixable by backing off the
>feedback for a frew
>repetitions.  Just curious if you knew why the sample (a well compressed,
>normalized to digital zero sample) would cause so much havoc in the
>EDP?  Is the EDP on some other scale of digital zero?

no, but it has an emphasis to improve noise. So if the sample uses
full bass level it may distort in the analog stage.
as a test: if you dont do the feedback reduction but set the MIX to
center, does the distortion go away also?

did you hear the sound difference cause by the emphasis?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org