Re: line 6 dl4 mod?

The PDS 8000 doesn't have any modulation, it's just an 8-second delay
with sample/hold/trigger.  The other two knobs are input/output level.
The RDS 8000 (the rack-mounted version, all the RDS models actually)
had modulation.

A few years ago someone (I believe it was Kim) explained two different
approaches to looping devices, which (as I recall) were delay versus
sampler.  I believe this was in response to a request that the EDP be
upgraded to include the pitch-shift effects you can get with old-school
delays through turning the delay time knob, and the short version of it
all seemed to boil down to "sampler-style architecture makes it very
difficult to do this while delay-style architecture makes it easy, and
the EDP is a sampler-style device" (the Akai Headrush came out around
that time and also lacked the feature I think you're hoping for).
This is probably an oversimplification on my part, but as far as your
DL4-modding desire, I suspect the answer is "No, or not unless you can
find someone who can write new software for the DL-4 and burn it into
an EPROM".

TH