RE: laptop live

What plugin handles the live looping part in your rig ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Whittock [mailto:gareth@whiteoakstudios.freeserve.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 2:06 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: laptop live

Hi,
I've been using computers live and, (in the last year or so ) a laptop
live with no problems. Never had a crash  - though of course this is
possible  - as possible as a hardware malfunction. I use Audiomulch for
live looping - 8 channels wouldn't be a problem. I also fire loops under
midi control, process sounds with filters, granulators etc. The system
works for me. It's fun discvering new VST plugins that I can play with
too. The real beauty is that if I need a compressor all I do is add a
compressor plugin  - no extra weight to lug around. I use a p3 with 512
meg of ram and a motu firewire 828 card. Midi is provided by a zoom 8080
(with 2 pedals and 5 switches) merged with an oxygen8 keyboard. The rig
is light and powerful. Just my tuppeth ha'penny worth.

Gareth
Ps just realised this sounds a bit smug - I'm just really pleased with
my set-up. It took me a long time to get here!