Re: Dragging Instruments

I'm always torn about the BIG SCHLEP.  It's a bit the whole schlepping
thing, but also a huge part of it for me is the break down of the
studio and the set up brake down set the studio back up again.

I've tried paring things down... but at this point I feel that a lot of
what I do is a guitar, midi guitar/synth setup, Drum machine and some
outboard effects gear that doesn't rack.  I like Jon El-Bizri's setup,
but it looks like you could mount a turret on it and keep out an
invading army.  Jon Wagner's looks good too, but it looks like a lot of
wood!  HEAVY.  I tried to do the single amp modeler floor pedal and a
Repeater thing, but I wasn't thrilled with the tone and lack of
flexibility.  Sigh.  So it looks like I'm back with the rack again, but
smaller this time and with only one controller.  We shall see.  Mini
rig II might even be EDP powered.  Nice.

Mark