Boring Art and Judgement

Das wrote about Pamela Z:

"the worst of performance art and modern dance...politically correct puke"

I, for one, look forward to a world where all human expression is
validated....
not liked, because there is much art that either I dislike or don't
resonate
with
in the world,  but validated for the legitimate enterprise that it is.

Having met and performed with Pamela Z in the past and knowing how she has
dedicated her entire life and heart to her artistry, I find it personally
offensive that you are so judgemental and dismissive of her.  It makes me
wonder what your artistry is like to be high and mighty enough to pass such
a harsh judgement.

I don't at all mind that you dislike her artistry.......I can totally
understand it in fact..........it certainly isn't for everyone..........
but she is making her living as an artist which is an unbelievably
difficult
feat in the United States and I believe she has to be respected for that if
for nothing else.

It's a wild, hurtful world out there and the climate for original and 'out
of the box' artistry is getting worse and worse (and we haven't even begun
to see the effect of the California budget cuts yet).

I would think that artists would band together in this time to support each
other's
honest attempts to express their vision of the world..........again,
whether
you like it or not.

Forgive me for venting, Das, but your post really got my goat.  Which, I
imagine, is exactly what you intended (although I'm sure not personally).

yours, Rick Walker