The Ambient Ping presents Planet Of The Loops

This is our special onanism/nepotism edition of the Ping update, as
PiNG THiNGS' rik maclean (Mara's Torment) reviews "Secret Music"
by Mara's Torment - giving you some unique insight into the work.
After hearing the CD, I've also decided to feature it between sets
this week. Many people see and talk to rik at the PiNG THiNGS
table without realizing that he's also an excellent atmospheric-
electronic artist himself. Here's a taste, so you'll see what I mean:
http://www.corpusnet.com/rikstuff/pingthings/MTbreatheRM.rm

THE AMBiENT PiNG   http://www.theambientping.com
Free - Every Tuesday Night - doors open at 9pm - 1st set at 9:30
  @ club nia / C'est What - 19 Church St. at Front St. - Toronto
         3 blocks east of the Union Station subway.
         map - http://www.cestwhat.com/map.html

Tuesday March 25th - Planet Of The Loops

This edition of the Planet Of The Loops bi-monthly looping series
features world-music performer Rick Hyslop (Mazameze, Legion
Of Green Men and many others) on shortwave radio, violin and
guitar, plus multi-instrumentalist Byron Wong (King Brand Vallium,
My Brilliant Beast) who has lately been working extensively with
The Crystal Method. The Planet's founder, Andrew Aldridge, will be
joining in on guitar, gadgets and yet more loops in the second set.
http://www.geocities.com/energymadeaudible/planet.html

Between Sets CD - "Secret Music" by Mara's Torment - (2002)
A beautiful collection of proto-fetish-ambient created for a
live performance at a local fetish-night event. The tracks
drift from sensual soundscapes to downtempo beats.
(Available at PiNG THiNGS) http://www.corpusnet.com/torment

The Ambient Ping presents free live performances by Toronto's
finest ambient, chillout and experimental music artists plus
performers from across the continent, every Tuesday at club nia
(aka C'est What) featuring a comfortable lower stage area, perfect
for attentive listening, plus a higher level with a bar, back room
and more seating that's great for conversation, good food and the
club's impressive beer, wine and whiskey selection. Musical treats
are on offer at the PiNG THiNGS ambient/experimental CD boutique.
Drop off food at PiNG THiNGS for the Daily Bread Food Bank too.

Coming Tuesday April 1st - ARC and
unravelled brown cassette tape lying on a freeway
http://fade.to/arc    http://www.ubclf.com

* rik maclean's PiNG THiNGS' CD REViEWs

"Secret Music" by Mara's Torment

It's about mood, it's about creating an environment. It's about
filling out the space in a setting. It's about getting lost in the moment.
And it's about sex. Written as a series of songs to perform at a local
fetish night in Toronto, "Secret Music" is a disc filled with suggestion
and nuance, implication and seduction. As a work it fits in well with the
growing fetish ambient genre, creating an atmosphere around the ideas
of sexuality and the act of giving oneself over to one's desires. Sultry,
sexy, and dare I say, just a little kinky, "Secret Music" is a disc that
will surely enter into the pantheon of albums we reach for when
we feel in the mood...

rik maclean - rik@pingthings.com

"Secret Music" by Mara's Torment is onsale now at PiNG THiNGS

www.PiNGTHiNGS.com is the online version of the Ping's music boutique,
providing "music for your inner spaces..."   http://www.pingthings.com

Send an e-mail to pingthings-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
to get updates for all the latest releases on sale at PiNG THiNGS.

Please forward this e-mail to any friends who may be interested
in live ambient, chillout and experimental music performances