Re: OT: /JP's drips...

--- Scott Hansen <scott-a-hansen@uiowa.edu> wrote:
>if you see the pollock room at
> MOMA, it's amazing.

The thing about Pollock that DOES by direct analogy
apply to musical looping concerns the perception of
depth in his work. When you look at a Pollock on the
printed page, it usually just looks like a swirling
mess of drips, but that same painting when seen in
person appears to be more than two dimensional, as if
the spaces between the paint go down into the canvas a
foot or more.

By analogy, I find that my most effective looping
leaves a similar space. If it's too dense, I lose that
sense of space and depth.

-t-