RE: Getting notes to 'hold'

Just thought I'd complete the story. I found a "latch"/"unlatch" option in
my
MS2000's footswitch setup menu. And its that simple - I've got the
footswitch
latched and selected "damper" which is really sustain, so as long as the
sound
decays to a reasonable sustain level or has no decay then I have me a hold
pedal. Just what I wanted and no MIDI messages needed!

Thanks for all the replies.
Ian.
 At 21:15 26/03/03 , you wrote:
>Dave Hastings wrote:
>
>>CC 64 is the standard sustain controller.  127 is usually on, 0 is
>usually
>>off.  Does the MS2000 respond to that?  Or, if you've got a keyboard, you
>>could go really low tech and tape the key down.
>
>tape works badly.  it either comes off at the wrong point
>and leaves you stranded or can't be removed for the
>next time you want to play the whole thing.
>
>weights are the way to go -- a thin heavy weight
>that keeps the key down.
>
>a lot of players use this,
>I'll bet you there are even weights made specifically
>for this purpose.  lots of advantages, you can move
>'em around, you can see what notes are held, etc. etc.
>
>    /t
>--
>
><http://loopny.com/>http://loopNY.com ......................An "open
>loop":
shows every Saturday!
><http://extremeny.com/calendar>http://extremeNY.com/calendar
><http://extremeny.com/submit>http://extremeNY.com/submit
.......................... submit to the calendar.