RE: OT: Babatunde Olatunji passes on

I was first introduced to Baba's work thru the Grateful Dead, and hearing
his music pushed my musical vocabulary further... For years I listened to
his work, and was while I was moved by his drumming, it was his voice that
kept me in awe... Many years later I showed up at my friend Muruga's house
and was more than pleasantly surprised to find Baba there... They were
working
on a album together (which I highly recommend hearing if you haven't,
Cosmic
Rhythm Vibrations is the title) and I had a wonderful opportunity to hang
out with him... As Rick has said he was, I also was impacted by Baba's
perspective...
I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to have been in his presence
(and carry his drums) and saddened that others will not have that chance...

peace
-cpr

He