RE: How to make bump free drones in EDP?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Ginn [mailto:sginn@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 1:37 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: How to make bump free drones in EDP?

> The problem with overdub, even if you stop the
> recording and immediately hit overdub again to
> take it out of overdub, is that it sets feedback
> (according to the manual) to 95%, and as the song
> progresses, the drone gets softer until it eventually fades out.

Oh, I haven't noticed that. But maybe that's because I'm using a midi
foot controller (the Behringer FCB1010) and control the EDP feedback
level from a midi expression pedal?

If I'm right about that (am I...?), a tip for you would be to use midi
feedback controller. Then you might be able to end the first loop by
going "overdub" without having that automatic  95 percent feedback
kicking in.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se