Re: Recording tools

--- Chris Richards <kohntarkosz@yahoo.com> wrote:
>looking at
> getting a Shure SM-57, as it looks like they're
> available relatively cheaply on E-bay (one guy is
> selling SM-57's for about 90 a pop, and he throws
> in a 20 feet mic cable to boot)

57s are great. Keep an eye on Musician's Fiend; they
occasionally sell 57s for $79 with cord (although a
friend of mine didn't get the cord and went through a
frustrating series of e-mails and telephone calls
about it.)

MF also sells a couple of really (suspiciously?)
low-priced shock mounted condenser mics, but I haven't
tried them...
Like this one, for example:
<http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030415164632172158245211088084/search/g=home/detail/base_id/88621>

-t-