Re: EQ ot

I'm not sure if I agree with the idea that an EQ is for sorting out
problems, unless you consider the world a problem.. oh yeah right it
is.  Anyway, I'm not that concerned about it for the shows I do, but
when I did live sound a good stereo graphic EQ was crucial to getting
your music to sound good in different rooms.

On Saturday, April 19, 2003, at 03:56 AM, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

> If it's pristine now then why fix it?
> Graphic EQs are primarily for sorting out problems.
> The cheaper units won't even have a pristine bypass
> If you look closely at the Behringer tubes you'll
> see that the "tube-glow"  is actually produced by LEDS, which
> the clever folks at Behringer have even given a "warm up" time.

Heh, that's funny.  I learned that my Digitech 2112 has a similar
yellow LED behind the 12AX7 for that extra warmth we all love.

Mark Sottilaro