Re: EDP ReAlign vs. QuantStartPoint...

Matthias-

    Thanks for responding.  I'm still not sure about the answer to this
question, but I got things to work in the situation that I was working on,
so I didn't press it.

    Part of the issue was resolved in my sequencer.  Sonar has an option in
the sync menu called "Use Start, Never Continue."  By default Sonar is set
to send a Song Continue message when you begin playing the track from
anywhere but the beginning of the tune.  This meant that I had to put in
ReAlign messages all over (which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't to
get the clock back in time, and I still don't understand ReAlign or
QuantStartPoint), for the EDP.  It also meant that my sampler would not
sync
its LFO to clock unless I started playing the track from the beginning.
Using the "Use Start, Never Continue" option sends a Song Start message
regardless of where you start listening from.  Apparently devices want that
Start Song signal to realign their clocks to.

    However, there are some strange issues that still remain.  I have
Quantize OFF now, but for some reason some of the DirectMIDI commands that
wrote into my EDP control track ahead of the beat (when it was set to
Quantize 8th) still work like Quantize was on.

-Jesse