Re: Volume pedals

My guess would be that things with moving parts tend to cost more than
things with fewer moving parts.
And things made in expensive-to-live-in countries cost more than in
cheap-to-live-in countries.
And, the manufacturing formula includes percentages for profit for the
manufacturer, the distributor, and the final vendor.  If a box costs
twenty dollars to make (parts, labor, overhead), and the manufacturer
sells it for forty bucks to the distributor who sells it for eighty
bucks to the dealer who sells it to you for 100 bucks, there you have
it.

Personally, I've used Ernie Ball volume pedals for fifteen years, and
they lasted me about five years between rebuilds, and that was with
heavy, heavy use three or four times a week (swelling in almost all
phrases).  I always kept mine on a pedalboard, and maybe I was lucky to
play in cleaner venues (although they didn't look that clean). I found
they weren't terribly transparent, but they felt better than anything
else.  I also use the Visual Volume pedals, and they're very
transparent, but not as good ergonomically (your foot sits up higher,
and they're made of much thinner metal).

And to me, the Behringer looked cheaply made.  I've got a soft touch
with the foot, but the Behringer looked like it would just wear out
(like the old DOD switches).

TH