] [Thread Prev
Re: PSP42 versus PCM42
Title: Re: PSP42 versus PCM42
dr. zvonar wrote:
I worked with the 42 regularly back in "the day" (1983-85), but haven't had one since. My questions are about certain features of the signal path and about the way the delay tap buttons work. Specifically:
*nothing happens to the captured audio until you disengage the repeat button. and then it catches a truncated version(random) depending on what you padded those buttons to. there is no pitch change.*
- When the unit is in Repeat mode, are you able to change the delay tap? If so, what happens to the material in the loop as you press the Inc/Dec buttons?
*its all captured.*
- If the feedback level is set to produce multiple echoes, and you put the unit in Repeat mode, is the recycling audio captured into the loop, or just the incoming audio without the echoes?
*dont quite understand-repeat button is saving whatever has been captured. mix pot set to 'input' lets only the input(dry)signal to be heard.*
- If the Output Mix pot is set to the Input position and you put the unit into Repeat mode, what happens?
*your loop sound decreases incrementally as yer input sound increases.*
- If the Output Mix pot set in the Delay position and you capture a loop, and you then turn the pot to the Input position, what happens?
- If you have already caputured audio into a loop, and the feedback pot is set for multiple echoes, what happens when you take the unit out of Repeat mode?
*it eventually fades over time if set at full feedback-but it can take a LONG time.*
any more questions i can help w/?
i have a copy of the owners manual i can send ya-dr.
looking forward to that review-where will it appear?