Re: shipping from u.s.a. to italy...suggestions?

Whatever you do, please, please insure it for full value!  And don't pack
it
in a way that looks like its valuable.  About a year ago, my company
shipped
a $25K machine in a nice wooden crate with UPS and insured it for $100 only
to save money.  UPS claimed that they had lost it, and it was never found
so
they paid out the $100.  A year later one of our customers called us to
tell
us that they just bought it on Ebay for $1000.  It turns out that UPS
"loses" warehouses full of packages all the time, and they sell of the
whole
warehouse to a third party liquidator every once in a while.  And its
totally legal because once UPS has paid out the insured value, they become
the legal owner of the package if it is ever found.  We had absolutely no
legal recourse.

Please, don't make this mistake.
Jon