Re: USPS for Shipping--Yeah!

As far as receiving in London, I can also attest to UPS's quality of
delivery.  Of course if you don't put "no commercial value" - not on the
insurance form but on the package itself - the receiver will have to pay
the
draconian duty the UK charges.  I had to pay £70 once for a coat sent to me
by my parents for a Christmas gift, just because they didn't write "no
commercial value" on it.

But anyway!  About UPS' delivery here: We used to have a really nasty house
porter in the block we live in, I mean nasty!  The old bastard would
sometimes open packages, besides refusing to allow delivery people into the
block unless the receiver gave him a fiver or something more.  What can ya
say, the corrupt old fraud also had a hand in a few burglaries here as
well,
amongst other unbelievable stuff that we got him nuked for eventually.  It
was commonplace to have packages delivered to you days after they'd
actually
arrived.  The things some folks put up with!

To UPS' and the delivery guy's credit, when the package was brought to the
block, and Old Brown was there in his way, he refused to hand over the
package, and demanded that I be called up on the house system so I could
come down and sign for the package.  When I got down there, Old Brown (all
6'5" of him) was seething and red as a beet in his little office, and the
delivery guy was sweating, but wouldn't hand it over to him no matter what.

So say Yes to UPS.

Steve Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*