Re: brotherhood of the bass/base

Man I can fully relate...I'm awful on the bass, but I like
playing it. I've been a guitarist forever and I just don't
think like a bass player. I can't begin to figure out how they
phatten it up and put those notes precicely where they belong,
good bassists, that is. I'm way to hyper. My buddy plays piano
 well and is a decent bassist too. A little fumbly, but at
least he "thinks" in terms of his left hand on a piano and can
 put that into the room. But I like playing it, and when I back myself up
with bass in a multi-track situation, it sounds
pretty hip, but that is if you like hyper bassists to begin
with.

What's up with local ads asking for "base guitar player"? I've seen it
more than once. Is this somekind of new lingo for bassist? or are they ads
written by folks who don't know
their homophones (or homographs for that matter)?

Good bassists kick ass.