Re: [LOOP] Re: brotherhood of the bass

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

> Maybe this is part of the issue, as I can never seem to really feel the
> groove well when using my GK-2 to drive a synth.  Not sure what it is,
> but if I'm looking for nice punchy basslines it's got to be a real bass.
>
> Mark Sottilaro

Mark:

Have you tried the Roland V-Bass? I'm using a GK-2-equipped Chapman Stick
(and an Eagle 6-string fretless bass I installed the GK-2B that came with
the V-Bass as my backup instrument) to drive a Roland V-Bass. Since the
V-Bass is related to the VG-8/88s, there's no MIDI conversion/tracking
issues as there are with the GR-30/GR-33 family. If you haven't tried one,
it might be worth your time to check out one.

Steve Burnett
Subscape Annex
http://www.subscapeannex.com/