RE: Looping percussionists

Hi Jim,
Great to hear somebody is into afrocuban grooves!
Apart from being a guitarist i am a latin conga
player.Cuban music is great to loop because it has a
thing called "montuno" which keeps repeating over and
over in a call and response way.This is a very
important african element in cuban music because it is
through this hipnotic repetition that the people
dancing start going nuts!
I did a mix of an original song of mine with Acid you
can check it out at my website under projects is
called "por ti ya no"
here:
http://www.labalou.com/projects1.htm
cheers