Re: UD-Stomp

Don't get suckered in on the MIDI thing. I don't think the UD-Stomp syncs
MIDI clock which is a lame choice on Yamaha's part.

My comment about Line 6 v. Yamaha wasn't just about the UD-Stomp. The
DG-Stomp also never made significant inroads against the Pod despite some
very positive reviews. Line 6 has very good distribution. It was hard to
find dealers carrying the DG-Stomp and even harder to find dealers carrying
the DG-80 amp.

I just got an Echo Pro (thanks to Mark Sottilaro pointing out the blowout
prices). As a looper, it doesn't compare to my EDP. But the delays are very
sweet. The features I would have really liked for it would be:

* Longer delay times (if it's got the memory for a 60 second loop, it ought
to be able to have delays longer than 2.5 seconds) -- 5 or 6 seconds would
have been sufficient.

* A hold function. That way I could get all of the interesting decay
effects
but then I could hit the hold switch and let it sustain for a while. Lack
of
that feature creates a dilemma for me with respect to replacing the DL8000R
in my mobile rack with the Echo Pro.

Mark

on 5/3/03 12:59 PM, Clayton Gary Lehmann at