Re: Gary hall

At 1:17 PM -0400 5/6/03, bruce tovsky wrote:

>well, i beg to differ on the 612. as a former owner (and lover) of a
>612 i must say that, while it was revolutionary, it really couldn't
>work "live" any more than any other sampler.

I think you and I have different conceptions of "live"!  I never
owned one of these, but a friend did. I was able to play it as a
musical instrument within 5 minutes, using just the front panel
controls. I'd grab sounds on the fly and manipulate the playback
parameters as real time controls. The only other sampler I've been
able to do that with is the Eventide H3000, and I had to use a
FaderMaster with that.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com