Re: rolling your own

--- Jonathan El-Bizri <ssrndpty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Another question: As I mentioned, I need to combine multiple outputs
>into an
> input. So far, I've been doing this with female input y-cables, which I
>have
> read in more than one place, is a Really Bad Idea, since you are feeding
>the
> line amp outs of each device into each other. Is this the case?

It's really the impedence mismatch due to the outputs seeing each other.
here's a
reference on how to rectify it.

http://www.rane.com/note109.html

> Is this a feasible solution? Wouldn't this affect the tone of the signal?

No.

As far as parts go (from another msg where you asked...), I've had good
luck
buying Neutrik & Switchcraft connectors from Markertek. Prices were better
then
other places I checked, and depending on how many you need, I believe you
can get
quantity discounts. I believe their price on Canare wire was a bit lower
as well,
but it's been awhile since I bought any.

Greg