Re: DJ Rescue

In a message dated 5/10/03 7:01:42 PM, Paulzric@aol.com writes:

<< Anyway, to make a long story short, the high,
sibilant
notes are killing the mix. What is wrong? I have a compressor set to
lightly
catch
these enormous signals,  >>

Hi
Are you sending the signal direct into a computer? How are you amplifying
the
signal?

I don't know much about turntable interface but you might consider using a
preamp that sends the signal output at (-10db). Audio Buddy by Midiman is
a 2
channel preamp that does this.
Some compressors have a switch that will allow a choice between (-10) and
(+4) output. Choose (-10) if you are going direct into computer.
A small eq box after the preamp, maybe a 3 channel strip (lo, mid, hi),
would
help also to adjust the hi end (8k to 20k).

fwiw

BobC

The Thumb Piano Project
www.mp3.com/thumbpianoproject