Re: Kim Flint questions on your design work for the EDP

> By live sequencing I mean the Live sequencing of audio events, Maybe Live
>  audio sequencing!! this can be achieved using the insert replace
>function
>  etc.

the term "sequencing" started cropping up during the Loop4
development period.
Andre described some of the new stuff as being
like some sort of step sequencer.
I used the term to describe what happens when you use
the EDP to string together bits of sound of equal length.
(so if there's confusion about the term, then I'm probably
a contributer)
It sounds a bit like one of those old analogue step sequencers
being used to drive a synth.
It was possible with Loop3, starting from a one beat loop
and using Inserts with Quantise=CYC.

In loop4
The 8th Replace(or Subst) function was specially modified to
make it really easy to do the effect with  Quant=8th
(and Matthias liked the idea because it fixed a bug for him ;-)
although you have to set InsertMode=rPL (or Sub) for it to work.

on  <A HREF="www.andybutler.com">www.andybutler.com</A>  I have an example
of the "step sequence" effect
(in the last 2 mins of the only piece on the site)

andy