Andy Kuhlberg on Delayed Flute

In his response to the "effects for wind instruments" thread, Douglas
Baldwin noted:

To wax even more nostalgic and to look back at one of my earliest
echo-based
influences, "Flute Thing" by the Blues Project had some pretty wildly
mutated tone AND extensive echo effects. Flute as pocket trumpet? No
problemo! Baroque cannonic harmony? Easy as Echoplex! Listen for the "Live
At Town Hall" and "Monteray Pop" versions to see why they were the
fourth-highest paid act at Woodstock (if my trivia-sludge generator is
functioning properly this morning).

That's Andy Kuhlberg you're talking about. That guy was really something!
He was the original bass player with the Blues Project, is recently
deceased
and was one of the enormous talents behind Sea Train, which also had a
recording of Flute Thing.  Reference the "Planned Obsolescence" album on
Verve by the Blues Project, basically the first incarnation of Sea Train,
for another jam band delay freak out--played flute and bass guitar(also
vocals?  Was that him on Turtle Dove?).
Gary