Broken mixer help!

My mixer no longer comes on due to a dodgy connection between the power
supply adapter and the mixer. I know its the adapter(3pronged thing (thats
impossible to obtain) that plugs into the mixer) that has now finally given
up the ghost (Not the actual transformer).
So I wanted to simply hack off the offending piece and bypass it by
soldering the 3wires that come directly from the tranformer into the three
wires of the socket in the desk itself.
i.e.

transformer------wires-------soldered into---- mixer socket.
However
the wires from the transformer are Black,Brown, and White where as the
wires
from the mixer socket are green, black, and red.
Does anyone know which go to which?
If I cover the soldered joins in electrical tape and hide them away would
that be safe?

Please let me know what u think
Electrically ignorant
Geoff