Re: FCB1010 vs. Loopers-Delight caged deathmatch...

     When MIDI was first implemented, there was note-on and note-off
commands for every note.
Then some whiz kid figured out that it took a lot less information (in
terms of bytes) to just
send a note-on command of 0.  Now I believe all manufacturers use this
note-on=0 command.

     I would love to see MIDI fade into the obscurity it deserves sooner
rather than later...

            Stephen

    <<<Doug Cox wrote...
It does.  It's not programmable - it's standard and built-in.  When you
depress the footswitch, the FCB1010 sends the Note On at velocity 64, and
when you release the footswitch, it sends Note On velocity 0 (which is the
equivalent of "Note Off").  My understanding is that Note On velocity 0 is
more common way to denote Note Off.