Re: PSP42 versus PCM42

Title: Re: PSP42 versus PCM42
The "anomalies" I discovered in PSP42 have been fixed in the current beta version. These consisted of four things:

1) When in Infinite Repeat mode the Out Mix control couldn't be adjusted to blend input signal with the looping signal.
2) When feedback was set to produce echo effects, these echose weren't being captured into a loop.
3) When a repeating loop was released, and the feedback was set to produce echoes, the looped material was not being echoed.
4) When Inpfinite Repeat was engaged, and then momentarily disengaged, rather than acting as a momentary punch-in the entire loop was being replaced with new material.

All of these are now working the way they would in the original PCM42 hardware. The only things the are still different are probably improvements over the original. That is, 1) the PCM42 would always capture the entire contents of memory into a loop, not just the currently defined loop length and 2) the Clock function now works so that the delay time is set to the currently defined ratio of the host application's tempo setting.

I'm quite impressed by how quickly PSP responded to reports of these problems. I intend to use PSP42 and PSP84 in future performances, and I encourage others to check them out. The "fixes" I describe will be part of version 1.3, coming soon.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com