RE: Live Performance Hardware Looping Equipment Question - Need Help

Michael

I've have been using sonar for a while, and as far as I know it has no live
performance capabilities that would cater
for what you are trying to do.

however, a couple of packages come to mind that may be able to help you and
these are:
 albeton live where you can create several groups of loops and cue them in
the right point, so you can do the verse/chorus thing and then extend each
section to improvise over.
The other is cakewalks project 5 that has just been released to rave
reviews
and has been designed as a live performance tool.

The other is reaktor which I use for improvisations, where you can chain
sequencies together with another sequencer which can be altered in realtime
with the minimum amount of fuss.

I have also started to use reaktor with my guitar to create live loops.
The only downside with Reaktor is that is takes a while to get your head
around it (but there are plenty of people on their website doing that for
you)

all you need for this is a fairly decent laptop (1ghz or above) and a
soundcard that supports WDM or ASIO

I hope that I understood what you are trying to achieve and that this was
useful

Cheers
OJ

www.thejupiter8.com